Monday 14 April 2014

Reflection for ES presentation

I am very glad that a platform was given to us to practice our presentation skills as I do believe that it is extremely important, no matter whichever school or faculty that we might come from. In the future when we join the working society, I believe that there will be many instances where I am required to give presentations, regardless of the industry or sector that I work in.

In addition, I believe that no matter how much knowledge that we have, if we do not possess the necessary skills to present to the desired party, such knowledge might not be fully utilised. Therefore I believe that there is the dire need to brush up presenting skills before entrance to the working society. Coupled with the fact that most of the Science modules do not cover presenting skills, I am glad that we were given the chance to learn it in this particular module.

After undergoing the process of preparing for the presentation, giving the presentation and receiving the constructive feedback, I have learnt many valuable skills and pointers that I have to look out for if I were to give a presentation in the near future. In addition, by sitting through the many presentations given by my peers, I am able to learn even more, from both their good points and also their mistakes.

Also, not only did I gain knowledge on the different types of delivery skills, I have also learnt a lot content wise. There are many interesting and new facts that were raised during the respective presentations that I never knew. Therefore such a practice also helps me in gaining general knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Rebecca, for your effort with this comprehensive reflection.

    ReplyDelete